Saturday, August 21, 2010

Poor little cutesy

When Hazel was first born Shane came up with a nickname for her from the Strongbad e-mails. If you don't know who Strongbad is, that's okay, ask a teenager and they probably do...maybe. It was kind of a cult fad 2-3 years ago. You can look it up at homestarrunner.com. It's an acquired taste. You either think it's hilarious and can appreciate the creativity, or you think it's moronic and stupid.

Anyway, Hazel's nickname was/is Cutesy Buttons. Harrion's was Papito. So, Monday when we went bowling for family night Shane was "Awesome" (I guess Shaney wasn't macho enough...) I was Melly Belly, Harrison was Papito, and Hazel was Cutesy Buttons. Of course, all that showed up on the screen was Awesom, Melly, Cutesy, and Papito.

I could tell it had been a LONG time since we had been bowling because now they have computerized bumper bowling, and you can have bumpers up for whoever needs them, and then have them taken down for those who don't. I thought that was kind of cool. (Hey, you've got to appreciate the simple things right?)

I did okay at the beginning and got a couple spares, but then my "I suck at sports" gene kicked in and I bombed the rest of the time. Shane did a little better than me. Harrison did amazingly well, since he had bumpers of course! and Hazel had a great time pushing her ball down a roller coaster ramp with bumpers as an additonal support. Harrison won, Hazel came 2nd, Shane and then Me. It was a lot of fun, and of course the kids were sad when it was all done.

Fast forward to today, and I am sitting in my pajamas being a nurse to little Cutesy who woke up with a stomach bug. Poor kid. She's sleeping on the floor with a pillow in the the bathroom (her choice). I hope she gets over it soon! I always feel so bad for my kids when they get sick!

1 comment:

Miss Heather said...

I LOVE Homestar and Strongbad!! :)