Friday, August 13, 2010

Second opinion...

So, I am going to get a second opinion from another OB/GYN. I went to my yearly exam, and my doc and I had a LONG conversation. I don't know that I really liked how it went.

There are things that I don't really like about my current doctor. I still go to him because he IS a nice doctor and has good bedside manner, but...there are things that I don't like that I can't write about on here.

So, here are the things I look for in a doctor:

They listen when I talk to them.
They are smart and well-versed in their area of expertise, but they admit when they don't know it all.
They are good surgeons(if that is what their area involves). (This is key. You can have a nice doc who isn't a good surgeon.)
They know different options, techniques, and have ideas for things you can try to achieve what you want with your health, or in my case, fertility issues.

So, anyone have a doc that they really like? Why do you like them? I have an idea of who I am going to get an appointment with, but still...I will take any feedback I can.

3 comments:

Marsha said...

Scott and I just love Dr. Horsley in Logan. His personality just meshes very well with ours.

Salmon Tolman Family said...

I LOVE Dr. Baker, the OB I had when I was pregnant with the twins. But---he lives in Idaho Falls. Sorry you're having problems with your current doc. It's really most important to have one that you trust and have confidence in, so I'm glad you're searching for another. Does somebody that you work with know of a great one?

DaNise said...

Can we add gentle to the list of things we look for in a doctor? They poke around and stuff. It is nice if they are gentle. Good luck. Maybe that makes me sound whimpy, but I think you get what I am saying.