Monday, August 2, 2010

Blech

Today was...interesting in a I don't feel that great kind of way. (Nope, don't ask, I'm not...)

Needless to say I was very glad that I didn't have to work a full shift today. I got sent home early because we were done with everything.

However, when I got home we went on a cleaning blitz and my house is fairly clean compared to what it was before...and I had both my kids ARGUING over who would get to clean the toilet in the bathroom. Ha! That just cracked me up. So, they compromised and each cleaned part of it.

The weekend was interesting though. We went to a family reunion and my aunt brought photo albums that my grandma and grandpa had put together during their life. THEY WERE AMAZING. I had my uncle go through some of them with me, and he was able to tell me the names of people in some OLD pictures. OLD. 1920's/30's era. There was even a picture with my great great grandma in it, who, prior to this time, I had only seen her name on my family history chart. It was AWESOME!

Then while I was flipping through one of the other albums I found a letter from my great uncle to my grandpa and grandma right after his prisoner of war camp got liberated in Germany. WOW. I was in awe, and teary eyed as I read it. It was...amazing.

No comments: