Saturday, June 12, 2010

Here's the skinny...

I know I have been kind of vague, but I wanted to wait until I talked to my doctor to write anything more specific.

Well, they determined that there is no longer a large cyst on my left ovary (and there is a question as to wether there ever was) mainly because they have decided that there is a rather large "pedunculated" cyst on the outside of my uterus. (in other words it has a pedicle or stalk attaching it to the uterus.) I don't know specifically how large it is, but it is big enough that they would have to cut it up to get it out if they did it laparascopically. So, bigger than a golf ball.

There are fibroids inside my uterus too. Which explains a lot of things for me.

I found something herbal that I am going to try just to see if it helps. I figure there is really no reason to not try it. It will either help or it won't. If it helps, wonderful! If it doesn't, then I will have surgery, which I would have done anyway. To me, it is worth a try. I have had weirder positive things happen when using herbs. It will be interesting to see if anything happens.

2 comments:

Marsha said...

Wow, Melissa. That all sounds very hard. I am so sorry that you have to go through all of this.

I still think we should get together for a Girl's Day or Lunch or Dinner or something. Let me know!

Patty B. said...

Wishing you the best! Sounds like you've had lots more than your share of hard things to deal with!