I must admit that I tend to be a little...hermitish (is that a word?). It's not intentional, in fact most often I wish I had people to see and places to go, but a lot of times I don't. Well...okay, there are people I could see and places I could go, but I hate dropping in on people. I have the Murphy's Law of...if I do decide to sporadically go visit someone...it will be at a bad time.
So, I was thinking about it today, and I realized that the internet has been a very good thing for me. E-mail, blogging, even Facebook, has literally forced me to be more outgoing. I've reconnected with people I haven't seen in YEARS, and maintain friendships that I have made more recently. I've really enjoyed it!
A few months ago I got to go eat dinner and see a play with my good friend Heather, who I hadn't really visited with for 10 years. I mean, I saw her at her reception, but I don't really consider shaking hands and giving hugs for three seconds visiting. Shane was there with us and it was great to reconnect. It was FUN!
Then, today, I got to go have lunch with Marsha! She even came after a swim class with her little boy and they were both still wet from the pool! THAT my friends, is dedication. We had a nice lunch and got to chat a little bit. It was great! We will have to do something like that again.
3 comments:
We most certainly will! I wish I could have stayed longer to visit, but the boy needed a nap BADLY! Swimming is so tiring. We actually made it home without too many tears. The whole way home, Chris kept saying, "Melissa bye-bye, Melissa home." :) So cute.
I am glad that you and Marsha blog so I can keep up with your families. I love to read about what is going on. When (feeling like if) I come to UT we will have to have lunch too.
I had fun with you too, Mellie. I miss you!!
Post a Comment