Saturday was an amazing day. When I looked at the season for the Hale Centre Theatre this year, there were a few plays that caught my eye. One of them was "The Wedding Singer." I knew it would be different from the movie, I mean, HELLO!, and I was curious as to what it would be like.
Then my friend was asking for suggestions on facebook on 80's memorabilia, clothes, hairstyles, etc... because he is one of the people in charge of designing the set for the play. This just made me want to see it more.
So, we got tickets! We stepped into the building, and voila! It was like we were in the movie. Well, I mean, obviously Adam Sandler wasn't there, and they couldn't sing 80's songs because of royalties, but...IT WAS AWESOME! I loved it.
I loved all the sets, and the design even went into the foyer of the theatre. It was spectacular. It is a very upbeat peppy musical. Some of the songs just made me laugh because the lyrics were hilarious.
It is a play I wouldn't mind going and seeing again.
Afterward we went to our favorite restaurant....wait for it....Aristo's. Seriously, if you like Greek food at all, you have GOT to go to this place! Dinner is a little more fancy than lunch and they do have two separate menus, but they are both super yummy!! mmm mmm mmm! Makes me want to go back!
No comments:
Post a Comment