Anyway, when I trained to be a tech we just wore disposable boots (we're talking knee-highs here...) and...the rest was pretty much the same as any other procedure.
Well, things have changed quite a bit since then, they have some cool hoods that you can wear. This helps reduce the risk of infection. I had never worn one before, so today was a first.
Here is an idea of what they look like:

We wear green gowns that are made of water resistant cloth. The blue gowns are made of a water resistant paper. I like green gowns a LOT better. Any day. Out of all our surgeons I think we have one who prefers the paper gowns.
Anyway, on the little white frame that goes on your head there is an air control and when they put on the actual hood a fan blows air into your hood. It's kinda cool really. Of course I felt like one of the CDC workers on Monsters Inc that come and disinfect the area of all kid cooties. And it is a bit interesting trying to get used to hearing everyone else and talking loud enough that they can hear you.
Still, it was a pretty cool day!
1 comment:
that sounds pretty cool. :-) LOL at your Monster's Inc CDA reference. Neat experiences for you! :-)
Post a Comment