Saturday, May 8, 2010

Two Goodies

We finally had the opportunity to rent some movies that I had really been wanting to see.



Everyone had been telling me to see The Blind Side, but we never went. Shane and I are not big "sport" movie fans, and even when a movie is supposedly "fabulous" we wonder. So, even though we really wanted to watch it, we wondered if it would live up to all the hype everyone gave it.

The answer: YES. I really enjoyed this movie. It was really good. I liked that it did tie it all into sports but the bulk of the story was not playing sports it was about a family helping out a child in need. I liked that. I also felt like the acting was done really well. The story flowed, had touching moments, and just made you feel good.

I told Shane we would have to buy it. :)




The second movie was The Young Victoria. I had only seen previews for this movie. WHAT A GEM! It definitely did not get the screenplay it deserved. The acting was amazing the chemistry wonderful, the flow: wonderful, it even made me cry. I don't cry in many movies.

We were supposed to take it back a few days ago but I keep watching it. It is a slower paced movie, kind of the same speed as Pride and Prejudice or Sense and Sensibility. I absolutely LOVED IT!!

In fact, I think I'll go watch it again. :)

3 comments:

Debra said...

I really did mean blind side...haha

Debra said...

how funny...we just watched blind sight last night...Great movie although they could take out her last comment...I am so happy my kids were all sleeping...

Miss Heather said...

I was neutral-feeling towards The Blind Side... it was good but too fictionalized (I've read the book) and Hollywood-ized for me...

The Young Victoria was FANTASTIC though! I'm glad you loved it!!! :)