So, when Harrison was little we lived in a house that had rose bushes. LOTS OF THEM. I loved roses at the time (still do as long as I'm NOT the one caring for them) and was excited that I had all these rose bushes to take care of. Oh how naive I was! Granted they were a bit overgrown when we started to care for them, but...roses are definitely not an EASY thing to care for, usually.
I find it quite hilarious that there is a rosebush next to our carport that I have been trying to kill since we moved into our house 5 years ago! It is thriving! I thought it would be quite easy to get rid of since I seem to be plagued with a black thumb anyway. The only plants that thrive in my care are ones that don't need any.
I get numerous compliments on my candy tuft plant. I don't know what to say...the plant does all the work and it's still alive! Not only that, it gets bigger each year!
It just makes me laugh. :)
1 comment:
Just stopped by and caught up with your rose post. I love roses, too, especially the color and smell, and I, too, don't like the pruning, cutting, and other care-related stuff. The one we have in our back yard is still hanging on with the little effort we put into watering it, and it still gives it's pretty orange-ish blossoms. Pretty hearty! Amazing!
Post a Comment