Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Emily

So, I am a book worm. I think you all are pretty much aware of this. I read books a lot, and I reread books a lot too. There are some books that just need to be reread!

This is one of those books. When I was a teenager Jack Weyland's books were everywhere. I read all of them. They all had a good message, but were at times predictable. Okay, most times.

Still, his books are good on a feel good level, and they are clean. Something that a lot of youth fiction, especially ones dealing with relationships, are NOT.




Emily, is good. Emily is a book I can read and reread, and it will still make me cry. He wrote it in 1999 and now it is out of print. I was ecstatic when my mother in law found it for me at the DI. She has a sonar for these types of things.

Anyway, this book is about a girl who is starting college. She has potential, she wants to be a reporter, she is beautiful. Then something happens that forces her to rely on something other than outside beauty. To me it is touching, and I enjoy reading it every time I pick it up.

No comments: