Monday, April 5, 2010

Lots of things...

So, last week I wanted to write about what we were going to do really badly...but I refrained. Mainly because it's better to write about something AFTER you've done it rather than before.

We went on a little mini family vacation. We knew a big vacation was never going to happen but then had the idea that we could still take a mini vacation, stay in a hotel and go see the sites and attractions there.

The kids LOVED it. They had so much fun. I asked Harrison what his favorite part was, and he told me swimming at the hotel, and going to Outback Steakhouse. I was kind of surprised about the restaurant even though we went there because Harrison really really wanted to. We bought a city pass for the area which gave us access to almost every museum and zoo in the city. Shane even kept track of how much we would have spent for tickets if we hadn't bought the city pass and figured that we saved about $160. So that paid for the hotel and some of the souvenirs that we got.

The day after we got back was Saturday. Easter weekend and General Conference. We had two Easter egg hunts to go to, and then Sunday we went to Shane's parents' house. At the end of our time there Harrison stepped on a nail that was sticking out of a board while he was out exploring.

After talking on the phone to the pediatrician it was decided that we needed to go to the ER. Boy was THAT fun. They irrigated his foot. I think everyone in that side of the hospital was aware that Harrison DID NOT like or appreciate what they were doing. It was difficult, but at least Shane was there to help. Part of me wonders if I should have insisted that they numb his foot beforehand. He probably would have screamed anyway, but probably not as much. I felt bad for him.

4 comments:

Marsha said...

Poor Harrison. That had to be terrible. At least he had a fun vacation right before that.

Salmon Tolman Family said...

1. where was your vacation to?
2. Josh stepped on a giant nail once, and it went through his shoe and foot. It was excruciatingly painful and got infected. Hope Harrison's foot will heal quickly!

Melissa said...

We went to Salt Lake City. Not very far away, but the kids had a great time anyway. :)

DaNise said...

Glad you had a good vacation. Sometimes mini vacations are the best. Then you don't come home and need recovery time from your vacation. Sorry you had to end it with an ER visit.