Monday, March 29, 2010

It's GONE!!!

So, today I had minor surgery on my arm. I say minor because it was in-office but I did lay down and everything was sterile and my arm got all numbed up in one spot. It was quite interesting.

I've had a bump on my arm since about 2001. At least, that is when I first noticed it. It wasn't difficult to miss. It was like a rock took up habitation on the top of my arm, and that's what it felt like too.

It was annoying but I got used to it and just ignored it most of the time. Well, being a tech in surgery has made me notice it EVERY DAY every time I have to scrub in or put on sterile gloves. It was getting very irritating and it was starting to hurt a little too.

So, out it came. I was interested to know what it was and what it looked like. They even showed my kids. Harrison thought it was COOL and GROSS at the same time. Hazel shuddered and stepped away from the bottle it was in.

I told the doctor it looked like a mini alien had been living in my arm. Harrison told me it looked like a mini brain. I agreed with him.

The doc thinks it was a calcified lipoma (lipomas are usually somewhat squishy)and that is why it was hard, but it was sent to pathology to be 100% sure and we will know the results of that by the end of the week.

I keep gently gliding my hand over my arm because it is smooth now and there is no bump...kinda nice. :)

Today was Hazel's 6th birthday! SIX YEARS OLD!!! *sigh* Time just flies by doesn't it? She is quite ecstatic that she can now tell everyone she is six.

I decorated a cake for her, and even took a picture, but it looked REALLY BAD. Much worse than anything I have ever decorated before, so I am not going to post it.

Hazel wanted a Pet Shop Cake again this year except the pet was supposed to be drawn out of frosting....yeah...didn't work so well. Hazel still thought it was great though, so that's all that matters right?

2 comments:

Miss Heather said...

I still want to see a pic of your Pet Shop cake no matter how bad you think it was. I'm sure it was amazing! And yay for no bumpy arm anymore! :)

Patty B. said...

Congratulations on your missing bump! Probably feels like a load lifted, huh? One less thing to worry about!

Homemade cakes are the best! Birthdays are great! (We've got one today at our house) And, yes, I agree, time does fly watching kids grow. Sometimes life goes too fast.