Yesterday Shane and I celebrated Valentine's Day since it is on Sunday this year. So, when I got home from work and got Shane's gift (a new shirt) and he gave me my gift (idle isle nutballs...so uber yummy!) and then after Harrison's karate we went to dinner and a movie.
We debated on whether to go see The Lightning Thief or Valentine's Day. We had liked the previews for Lightning Thief, and were sort of curious in what the Valentine's Day movie was even about because there isn't really a good description ANYWHERE, just a couple of previews.
In the end we decided to go see Valentine's Day...mainly because we were celebrating Valentine's Day, and also because there was a huge line for the Lightning Thief since it was opening night.
So, here's my opinion. If you are more liberally minded you will probably think Valentine's Day is funny and enjoy it quite a bit. I'm not, so I thought it was weird and REALLY REALLY didn't like one of the bombshells dropped at the end of the movie which literally had the entire theatre going GROAAAANNNNN!
I could have lived the rest of my life and been fine not seeing this movie. Shane and I were making comments to each other the whole movie too, and I am very much a "watch the movie and see what happens" kind of person, so, take it for what it's worth. If you want to see a funny and cute chick flick go see When In Rome or Leap Year.
2 comments:
Thanks. I don't get to watch many movies, but when these come out on video I will know which ones not to waste my time on.
Been away for a while so I'm just checking in.....
We got to go out for Valentine's Day early (Saturday) and saw The Lightning Thief and really liked it. As I was reading your post, I was hoping you'd have seen that movie so we could compare notes! I'm glad to know what NOT to see, though. Thanks for your reviews. It really helps!
I love reading your posts!
Post a Comment