So, this past week was a little on the crazy side for me. I knew it would be, because operating rooms go into overdrive the last two months of the year, and then into hyper overdrive the last two weeks. Everyone decides to have surgery because they've met their deductibles and want to have it completed before the new year starts.
Anyway, when Tuesday rolled around I told Shane we REALLY needed to go see a movie after I got off work. What we really wanted to go see was the Fantastic Mr. Fox. The previews looked hilarious, and when seeing a kid movie, that's mainly what I look for. It's helpful if it has a coherent storyline as well. WELL, the movie theatre here had already pulled it and it hadn't been put in at their "cheaper" theatre yet. Bummer.
So, we went to Planet 51. I knew it had gotten horrible reviews, but that doesn't usually sway me, because movie critics have a tendency to not agree with what I like. Well, they definitely were right this time.
This movie had so much potential to be hilarious, great, and wonderful. Well...it was boring, stupid, and made no sense whatsoever. The flow was nonexistent...which is pretty much what made it boring and stupid. The jokes that were in there for the adults fell flat most of the time. I just couldn't get into it. My kids loved it.
Shane and I started having a conversation and texting people during it. Yes. That is how horrible it was. I became a hypocrite and started USING my cell phone during the movie!! I even went out to use the restroom and didn't care, and didn't feel like I would be missing a crucial point in the movie!
So, if you want to see it, wait until it comes out on DVD. What. A. Waste. Of. Money.!!
Now if we can find a sitter maybe we'll go see Sherlock and Avatar...
3 comments:
Yikes! I'm sorry you missed the Fox. The show isn't really a kids show--though they'll pretend to enjoy it as much as you do. I can't wait for you to get to relax and enjoy it! Way to make it through the end of the year!
We want to see Sherlock and Avatar too... I hope you like them better!
Thanks for the review. We'll keep this movie off of our "possible" list!
Post a Comment