So, we went to the Sherlock Holmes movie last week. We had wanted to go see Avatar but it was sold out, and we knew we wanted to see Sherlock Holmes as well, so it wasn't a big deal to go see it instead.
Here is my opinion... Jude Law and Robert Downey Jr do an AMAZING job portraying Sherlock Holmes and Watson. The other actors do a great job as well. The scenery, action scenes, costumes, everything else...great...
Here's what I didn't like...the mystery was a rather creepy one. It involved black magic ideas, which always creep me out and gave me the heebie jeebies even though Sherlock was able to explain all the magic away. It was still disturbing and I had a difficult time looking past it.
If the mystery had been one that I was intrigued by, it would have been great! So...that being said, I hope the sequel will be better mystery solving wise. It is pretty obvious there will be a sequel.
I give it almost 4 stars. The acting was so good I can't give it three stars, but the creepiness really bugged me so I can't give it four stars. What can I say? So, that in a nutshell is what majorly ruined the movie for me. However...watching some amazing actors did make that part all better.
1 comment:
Scott and I want to see that movie too. I have heard that the acting is superb.
Post a Comment