
I must admit that Kala is the one who inspired me to do this. She is MUCH better at eloquently writing her thoughts out, so if you want to read some amazing descriptions of people and what they mean to her, go to her blog. It is AMAZING.
Kala and I first met in middle school. We always ended up having classes together. Not a ton, but enough to know each other and sporadically hang out together in high school. :) It also helped that she was in my stake. So every other year I would see her at girls camp.
One bizarre memory that I have (isn't it funny how the mind just latches on to sporadic things?) was that in every class I had with her, EVERY SINGLE TEACHER mispronounced her name....except one. It was like clockwork, if she was in my class I think it got so on the first day we would all look at the teacher waiting for them to mispronounce her name. Her name is beautiful by the way. It's Michaela. So, of course, every teacher would call out "Michael-a" and she would always have to say, "it's Mi-kay-la, PLEASE CALL ME KAY-LA..."
Then came the day, that we had English together, and the teacher called out Mi-kay-la. I think we all sat in stunned silence that the man had actually pronounced her name correctly. He actually had to ask...is that right? Mi-kay-la?
Anyway...after high school I remember going to her bridal shower...and being so jealous that she was getting married... and then going to her baby shower... and wondering if I was EVER going to get married. :)
Kala is an amazing person. I love that she has a blog and writes about everything. Even when she writes about the sad things happening in her life, it still makes you want to read it. She is so busy and willing to help with everything! I just sit there and have to take slow deep breaths thinking of all the planning, organizing, helping, volunteering, that she takes on. I am seriously in awe!
She keeps up with four boys (no small task) and is always taking them camping, doing activities, soccer, baseball, pumpkin patches, farm work, WOW! On top of it all she volunteered to be on the reunion committee for our grade!
So, here's to you Kala. You are a wonderful person and a great friend.
3 comments:
Awww, Melissa! Thank you! Your kind words have really touched me!
Now you know the reason for my boys' names: all of them with short names, easy spelling, and two syllables! I hated being called "Michelle-a" or "Mitch-ayla" or "Mickeeeayla". Ugh!!!
Merry Christmas!
I love this post! Kala is wonderful. And so are you my dear! I am sorry we weren't able to get in touch while I was in Tremonton this weekend--but it was a crazy short trip. Merry Christmas!!!
So fun to see these. You are great for doing it.
Post a Comment