Nope, not pregnant. Funny how working full-time can take that thought completely out of my brain... We are finally done Christmas shopping!!! Wahoo!! Many thanks to my mom who called and offered to watch the kiddos ALL DAY.
Normally we like to be almost completely done in the first of December, but that certainly wasn't going to happen this year.
Things have just been super crazy! And the weather is driving me NUTS! It is foggy. Pea soup choke your lungs out foggy. I stand in the doorway and dread even taking a step outside. It literally feels like you can EAT the air. And, maybe if the air smelled like cotton candy or chocolate that would be tempting...but it doesn't.
Poor Shane has been fighting a nasty virus that involves coughing, and the fog certainly isn't helping!!!
Today is the Christmas program for sacrament meeting. The lady who organized the program asked me to play my cello. So, I will. I love playing my cello, I really do, but...playing the cello in church totally stresses me out. I shouldn't let it, but it does. Mainly because church houses are not designed to play large stringed instruments comfortably. There is nowhere to sit, nowhere to put a stand, nowhere to set my cello...it is very...anxiety causing. At least for me. Still, people love it, and how can I say no to being asked to share my talent? I can't. So, I do it out of courtesy and love.
Hopefully it will go well, and my children will be little angels while I participate in the program!
3 comments:
I wish I could have heard you play. I am the ward choir director in our ward, and we had our program today. It went well, but I am sure glad it's over!
I love the cello! We were supposed to have our Christmas program today. Yeah, that didn't happen. We spent the day digging out and hanging around the house in pjs! Love me some snow days!!
So...how did it go? I bet you played beautifully!
Post a Comment