Marsha Marsha Marsha...

The first time I met Marsha was at my friend's wedding reception. My friend Scott got married to Marsha, and while I had heard her name, that was the very first time I saw her. I don't really count that as "meeting" her though. I mean, come on. I'm sure I shook her hand and said "hello" but that doesn't mean much. The actual time I met and talked with her was outside of Wal-Mart. Kind of crazy huh? I mean, that is SO much better than a wedding reception. :)
In the ensuing years I started playing in the community orchestra. Since both Scott and Marsha are musicians I got to know her better there because I would see and talk with her every week. She was always so nice and friendly, even when people were blatantly rude to her!
As time went on I discovered we had similar sorrows, likes and dislikes, and we started e-mailing. I was elated when she became pregnant and gave birth to her first child after about seven or more years of wanting and she always has a willing ear or e-mail address when I feel like venting the woes of the infertile woman. :)
Marsha is a beautiful person with a warm and giving heart. She is a wonderful mother and it is not surprising why so many people are friends with her. :) She makes you feel good when you are around her, and I am glad she is my friend.
2 comments:
I was very touched to see this post on your blog, and shocked that you picked me!!! Scott and I were sitting here talking about what kind of comment I could leave, and all we could come up with were sarcastic little comments like, "All true. Look how great I am." "Here, here, go me!" and the like. :)
You have been a great friend to me too, and I have enjoyed having someone I can talk to as well about all those darn baby issues. :)
Thank you for being my friend! We still need to go see New Moon together!
Marsha
now, whose idea would you be copying?! (wink wink)
I've wanted to meet Marsha for a while, because you and Heather always speak so positively about her and I love reading her blog. Isn't blogging great?!! :)
Post a Comment