So, here's to my happy blog post!
Yippee! Today we bought a new book! And not just any book mind you, but a book that we (well, mainly I...) have been waiting for, for almost a year!
Back during Thanksgiving I read a book called "The Hunger Games." This is a GOOD book! I highly recommend it. Again, it is on the "what if" level of the future type book. I describe it as one of those books that would probably be classified as Sci-fi because they're not real, but they create a society in turmoil that is interesting to read about.

This book is more along the "Survivor" mixed with "The Lottery" type lines. There is a contest every year and only one winner. Every city is required to participate. Very interesting read, and the ending was not what I thought would happen, but it was a good ending.
Well, the new book is called "Catching Fire."

I am EXCITED to read it! Shane gets to read it first though, because I want to reread "The Hunger Games" so it will all be fresh in my mind.
The other exciting thing that has happened is our kids are addicted to books! We have rubbed off on them! Yippee!! The past few times we have gone to the D.I. our kids have bypassed the mostly broken toys and headed straight for the book section!
So, lots of things to be happy about here. :)
1 comment:
The Hunger Games is one of my favorite books! I'm on a waiting list at the library to borrow Catching Fire (because now is not a good time for me to be spending money on books... :))... I'm SO EXCITED to read it!
They are making a movie of The Hunger Games too... not sure how I feel about that since I normally hate movie adaptations of books.
Post a Comment