Well, I got to thinking, and I thought I would write about a chore that I actually enjoy doing. There are a lot that I DON'T enjoy, I mean, that's why they are called chores right?
Well, one chore that I could happily do all day is Laundry. I don't know why. I know that most people get annoyed with laundry. I'm sure it has something to do with the fact that there are only four people living in my house, but still.
I'm guessing it's because laundry is something I am good at. I enjoy getting CLEANER clothes out of a washer and putting them into a dryer, and then, they come out warm and soft and they smell good. I can fold them and sort them and it is just relaxing.
Dishes on the other hand...dishes I despise. I wonder if this is because I enjoyed unloading the dishwasher when I was about 8 years old, and it became "my chore." I had to do it ALL THE TIME. My older siblings (all 5 of them) relished the fact that they did not have to unload the dishwasher any longer because Melissa would LOVE to do it! Well...that didn't last long.
Dishes are just dirty and yucky and always have to be cleaned. I feel like it's a neverending chore. Blech.
My favorite laundry soap is Tide. We have to be careful about the soap we use because Shane is allergic to some soaps, and he's not allergic to Tide. I know, a lot of people wonder if it is worth the extra money...well, my clothes smell good and look nicer longer and STAINS come out so much better. To me, it's worth it. Of course, I usually put in a little oxyclean with the towels, and our unmentionables because it makes them just a little bit cleaner and the whites come out brighter. I use it as a bleach replacement.
My favorite stain remover is Shout gel. LOVE IT. But, we have Spray and Wash right now and it works pretty good too. I'm all about getting stains out the easy way, and doing the above things with a little stain remover...I have NEVER had a stain I couldn't get out. Well...okay, maybe not NEVER, but 9 times out of 10 isn't too bad. I've even had hand-me-down shirts with stains go away with the things I use to wash with.
Of course if I had to do as much laundry as the Duggar's I may rethink my liking of laundry. :)
2 comments:
I hate doing laundry... and I even have a super nice front-loading high efficiency washer and dryer!! But I do have an ongoing affection for Tide. It's truly worth every cent. :)
Although laundry may not be my favorite chore, I do like the fluffy clothes/towels after drying, and Tide is my favorite, too. We use Shout spray, and, you're right, it does get out nearly every stain! I especially like laundry when the last load is done (for the morning).
My favorite chore when I was a kid was cleaning the bathroom because is was the smallest room in the house and you could make it shine in no time! - not so anymore! Cleaning is cleaning - I need to have a better attitude, I guess!
Post a Comment