Sunday, August 23, 2009

Turn about is fair play...

So, I had something funny happen today...at least I thought it was funny. Maybe my sense of humor is a little warped these days.

Here is what happened... We were talking with a group of people and one of them happens to be pregnant. They were talking about their pregnancy and then of course the whole, "Well, enjoy the sleep you're getting now, because that will soon be gone..." which I thought was interesting because the mom has other kids...anyway, their husband then started talking about how babies cry, and waking up in the middle of the night, etc...

When all of a sudden out of my mouth came "C'mon, complain about it a little more!" (I said it in what I felt was a lighthearted voice...) My hubby squeezed my leg gently which is usually an unspoken reminder to stay calm and is very helpful. So I leaned over to my hubby and whispered in his ear and said, "Hey, if everyone else can say things without thinking, why can't I?" and then I laughed.

I still think it's funny...and they did stop complaining about how much their life would change when the baby came...so it worked! Teehee! :)

2 comments:

darcymae said...

i am TOTALLY with you on that. i really ticks me off when people act like babies are an inconvenience. sometimes i think it would be good for everyone to have to work a little harder to get them in the first place. maybe they then would be a little more appreciative of what they have!

Eve said...

I love it! It's so true. Sometimes I appreciate when people say the wrong thing because then I don't feel so bad when I accidentally say something thoughtless. I think you're very smart.