So, I have gradually been teaching my son more difficult chores. At least, I think they are more difficult because I am more picky about the outcome! :)
He currently unloads the dishwasher, picks up his room, puts blankets away (mostly, we still need to work on the folding part...) and then the other day I noticed that it was high time for the toilets to be cleaned, since that seems to be my job...and I thought, "Hey! Perfect time for Harrison to learn how to start cleaning the bathroom..."
So, I brought Harrison in the bathroom, and was teaching him how, when Hazel came in and wanted to learn too. I have a thing about younger children and chemicals so I really didn't want to teach Hazel, but she was very adamant (and even used tears and puppy dog eyes) to get me to finally relent and teach her too. I mean, who can resist puppy dog eyes....especially when it's because they want to learn how to clean something!
So YAY! Now we have three bathroom cleaners in the family...well...they can clean the toilet anyway, now I just need to teach them the other steps to cleaning the bathroom...
Still, it was quite amusing to see how excited my kids were to learn how to clean the bathroom! They were literally fighting over who got to do it! I wonder how long that will last...well, as long as it does, it's okay because we have TWO bathrooms! Perfect!
2 comments:
Yay! Ammon started cleaning the toilet when he was 8, and surprisingly he likes it better than dishes or laundry!
Good job, Melissa! It's so exciting to have extra hands to help clean anything, especially the bathroom. I loved cleaning my grandmothers bathroom when I was a kid, but don't quite seem to have the same liking with my own bathroom now. I try to rationalize that it's probably the smallest room in the house and the simplest to clean, but sometimes having kids to help gives me the spark to get the job done! Now the rule is, they clean theirs and I clean mine.
Post a Comment