So, I have had a crazy week. I think I will call this summer "The Summer Of Pain!" because that really seems to be what it has been.
Wednesday night I decided to sleep with only one pillow instead of my usual two. I woke up at 3AM with a super stiff neck, but it wasn't too bad. Then later when I got up for the day I rolled over and sat up and while doing so literally felt and heard one of my vertebrae in my neck slide out of place. As soon as it happened I knew I needed to go to the chiropractor or I would be hating life so I called right then and got an appointment for 30 minutes later.
Even then, by the time I got there the muscles were swollen and tight and the chiropractor was unable to get it to go back where it is supposed to be, but was able to adjust it enough so that it was even just not in the spot it's supposed to be in. So, I was told to ice it and try to stretch it and come back Monday if it was still bothering me.
It is feeling a little better today. Still fairly stiff, but not as bad. Hopefully by Monday my muscles will be relaxed enough to let it be put back where it should be. I've never had a neck brace, but it is so tight it feels like I have one on. Usually my neck tightness is right under my skull where the vertebrae start, but this time it is down almost right below where the tops of my shoulders are.
Blech!
1 comment:
Ouch! Take care of yourself and get better soon.
Post a Comment