Okay, so today has been interesting...
Shane came home and informed me that his company had laid more people off. Thankfully he was not one of them. Still, they bumped him to swing shift (which we both hate), and that also means he won't be getting the shift differential which means even less money. Bah!
This is a major concern because things finance-wise are already fairly tight around here. So, I went job hunting at the workforce services job site. Usually this just makes me wonder, and more often than not, a little on the depressed side. Today, however, I found a job that looked promising and utilized the skills that I already have.
So, I sent them an e-mail with my resume. This generally equals to...nothing, or maybe a phone call two or three weeks later when I've almost forgotten that I even applied for a job.
An HOUR later I got a phone call from the place I applied at. AN HOUR LATER! So, that seemed positive. Then, they asked me if I could go in for an interview TOMORROW! First, my brain was in shock...I mean, this is not how applying for jobs typically goes. Then, second, I was excited. Then of course all the "what will I do's" come into play...but I am better at that now. I do have options, and I can calm myself down by telling myself that I don't have the job yet anyway. Worry about it when/if I get the job!
It would definitely affect our family. Harrison would have to go back to public school. Then both of them would have to have somewhere to go after school for a few hours...which I've already thought about...so it's definitely something that we would have to feel really good about.
I feel calm though. I know everything will work out the way it should. So, wish me luck and we'll see what happens!
2 comments:
Wow! That's a huge thing! I love how you roll with things so well. It's so neat what adventures God brings into our lives. Just roll. You'll be great at whatever life brings.
Good luck! I'm a working mom. NOT BY CHOICE!!! It all works out. Have faith.
Sandra
Post a Comment