Thursday, June 11, 2009

Off We Go Into the Wild Blue Yonder...

Last Saturday we went to the air show on Hill Air Force Base. Shane has always wanted to go, and we had extra incentive this year because his cousin that flies in the Air Force was flying in specifically for the air show.

Here is Shane with his cousin.



Here is Shane's cousin with "his" plane.



He is the copilot of a B-52. We also found out some interesting things about these planes in general. They are the same planes that were flown back in the 60's. Apparently they are TANKS and were very well built, so they still use them and fly them today. I thought that was kind of cool. We also got to go up inside the plane. This was special treatment purely because we were family. No one else got to go inside the cockpit of this plane. *sweet*



We got to see the thunderbirds fly. It was really cool. The planes flew so fast I'm surprised Shane was able to get any pictures at all.
I thought the paint job on these planes was cool. White on top...



with a blue eagle on the bottom...well, it looks like an eagle to me...






Hazel had fun swooshing her foam plane around like the thunderbird jets when they were flying overhead.



Harrison and Hazel posing next to a teeny helicopter. Can you tell that they're more interested in the toy planes they just got?



What a fun day!

2 comments:

Salmon Tolman Family said...

Wow! That is so cool! When I was in 3rd grade, we lived in South Ogden, and I loved the sound of the jets flying overhead. I would love to see that show!

Miss Heather said...

I just noticed you have me as Heather Feather on your blog roll. I LOVE IT!! :)