So, a while back I wrote about how our old dentist retired, and how I was debating on whether or not to go to the new dentist in our old dentist's office. At the time I decided to give the new guy a try. Well, it didn't work out. We got billed for something that I thought was just outright stupid, and I didn't feel like negotiating.
Enter the next dentist. My sister-in-law recommended the dentist we now currently go to. Today was our first dental cleaning. Harrison and Hazel thought it was great because there was a video game room next to the waiting room, and in the exam rooms there is a video screen and you can watch a movie while they clean your teeth.
When it was my turn I was not surprised to see the movie "Bolt" on the video screen. I think that is my kids' favorite movie at the moment.
So, there were a few different things. First, they had me put on safety glasses, which I thought was kind of cool, and a big apron cape. Then, after the hygienist checked my teeth, she used an ultrasonic scaler (which I always refer to as the "squeaky tool" because it squeaks when they use it).
The next part, where they polished my teeth, they did something that I had never had done before. The best way to describe it, since I can't remember what it is called, is a mini sandblaster that shoots grit at your teeth. It sounds horrible, and I can't say that it felt all that great, but it was SO fast, and my teeth are super clean! Plus, no throbbing gums from the normal brush that is used. Definitely a bonus!
I also liked that the dentist was very nice and friendly, and they all have very good memories. They knew exactly who Shane was and all asked how his shoulder was healing. (Shane had been in prior to this because he had to have dental work done). Anyway, I thought that was really neat. They also knew who my sister-in-law was when they asked who referred us to him. Definitely an A+!
So, I think we have finally found a dentist that we ALL like! Woo woo!
No comments:
Post a Comment