Tuesday, May 5, 2009

It is finished!

Well, today was the LAST day of my work with the Census Bureau...I think. We turned in our little computers, bags, badges, books, the whole kit and kaboodle. Some workers expressed remorse. They loved the job, and everything it entailed.

Me...well...if I'm completely honest, I guess I wouldn't mind doing it again, but it certainly wouldn't be on top of my favorite jobs I've ever had list...more like, down there above the crazy inventory job with psycho sexual harassment coworker that I was too chicken to turn in (I was 20, okay, give me a break. Now I'd turn him in without batting an eye.) and beneath the housekeeping job. I don't know which one. They'd pay money, and it was honest work, but I mean seriously, if anyone tells you they love doing housekeeping, I think they are lying. (Housekeeping = janitorial work = public restrooms = gross and disgusting.)

Okay, I guess the Census Bureau job was above the housekeeping job, I mean, I did get paid quite a bit more, I just had to deal with psycho people...and I'm not talking about my supervisors or coworkers. They were all nice and easy to work with.

But enough of that! For now, it is done! I can't decide if it was the actual job that stressed me out, or the fact that I had to be away from home and I felt like Shane wasn't getting enough sleep because he was watching kids when he would normally be sleeping. On top of which, the last time he went without consistent sleep he got pneumonia and almost died. That couldn't have anything to do with it right?

So, maybe I would have enjoyed it more if I was single, newly married, or an empty-nester. I think it's a pretty safe bet that I would have. Oh well. All's well that ends well!

No comments: