Monday, May 25, 2009

Day 8 Random Acts of Kindness...

Wow, the last day of "8 days of happiness." It kind of went by fast! So, I tried to think of something fun to write about, but the only things coming into my mind are things that people have done for us lately, that have just been nice, and if makes me happy!

For example, our backyard neighbor plowed our garden plot and then tilled it for us! Nice! Granted, he knew that Shane couldn't do it, but I think he would have done it anyway if we had asked and he had time. Since Shane couldn't do it, our neighbor MADE time and did it without asking.

Next example: the evil hedge on the side of our driveway. I guess I shouldn't call it evil, I mean, it's a nice hedge, it's not the hedge's fault that someone planted it who knows how long ago, and now it is old and yucky. We have spent THREE years taming the thing, and then this year just kind of let it go. I kept pulling into the driveway thinking, man, I really need to trim the hedge. Really need to get around to that. Well, Sunday after church, I noticed when I pulled into the driveway that the hedge was trimmed! I think it actually got trimmed on Saturday, but anyway, I was so impressed! I don't know who trimmed it, but what a nice thing to do!

When people do nice things for me, I feel good, and it makes me want to do nice things for other people.

So, since I forgot to tag people to do this in my first posting of it, I decided to tag people now!
I tag: Heather C., Debbie, Kayla, and Eve

No comments: