Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Day 2

Day 2 of Happiness, I decided to write about my kids. My kids each bring a lot of joy into my life. They help me realize why I love being a mom, and also how much I have to learn!


My son, Harrison, is so smart he just amazes me. Homeschooling him has really given me an insight into how quickly his mind works. This comes as no surprise, since he was commonly found in bizarre places when he was a toddler, due to his curiosity. I have pictures of him climbing into the stove drawer, throwing his shoes into the toilet (that was thankfully clean at the time), getting stuck in his high chair. I would post them here, because they are pretty cute, but I don't have the ability to scan them in.

Hazel, was a miracle baby. Born with underdeveloped lungs, she spent the first four weeks of her life in the NICU. It was a little touch and go at first, but we were so glad to finally have her at home. I remember Harrison, who was 3 at the time, telling us that "we should bring baby Hazel home now" and we all agreed with him!

Hazel is a very girly girl, and loves to wear girly things. I guess I wasn't doing my "girly" motherly duty of painting her nails, because she decided to do it herself. She loves to have her nails painted. When she wears a dress on Sunday, it is not uncommon for her to wear the dress all day.

My kids both say the funniest things, and are very good at making me laugh! They love to have us read stories to them, and they are usually good at being each others friend. Harrison would always tell us when he was three, "I love baby Hazel, she's my buddy."

I am so glad that I have them in my life!

2 comments:

Debra said...

I love the 8 days of happiness theme. Your children are adorable. You have a beautiful family!

Miss Heather said...

I think Hazel takes after her Auntie Heather!! Girly girl!!