Wednesday, May 20, 2009

What makes me happy...day 3

So, after much speculation and figuring things out, what I decided to write about today that makes me happy is....the temple. The temple for me is a refuge from the storm. The temple helps remind me that I am a daughter of God. When I sit and reflect on things while I am in the temple, I feel such a great peace, and concerns and anxieties wash away. It helps me remember what is important and what isn't. It's my favorite place to be.

And, because nothing I could write comes close to how the temple makes me feel, I am going to write down the words written by Janice Kapp Perry, one of my favorite composers for church music.

The Temple Reminds Me



The temple reminds me of my eternal worth,
The temple reminds me of joys beyond this earth.
I love this house of holiness where ordinances divine
Bring forth the blessings of God's love,
And they can all be mine.



The temple reminds me of my eternal worth,
The temple reminds me of joys beyond this earth.
I want to be found clean and pure, upholding every truth,
That I may enter in God's house,
As he would have me do



Have you seen the temple on a dark and quiet night?
Have you felt the power of its majesty and light?
It's spires reach up to heaven,
It's doors call out to me,
Come enter in and find the joys that last eternally.



The temple reminds me of joys beyond this earth.
The temple, the temple reminds me.

No comments: