
I think I have a second favorite spring flower. Tulips are the first, and my all-time favorite. One of these years I will plant tons and tons of tulips...I know it...it just hasn't happened yet. Then, next to the tulips, I will plant tons and tons of hyacinths, because hyacinths just look cool.
It's the small things that I have to pay attention to, to keep me going in this insane job that I decided to take on for a few months. There are a lot of benefits...I get to walk for 8 hours a day 5 days a week, I get to see the outside of all the beautiful houses that I don't think I will EVER be able to afford...ever, I get to see all the pretty yards, landscapes, and flowers, and I get to talk to lots and lots of nice and very friendly people once they realize that I'm not out to sell them anything.
See, most people are very nice and understanding. Then there is the flip side of that, and while, definitely fewer, they are there. People that apparently need a sound board and decide to take it out on you. As if it helps. I guess it helps them get the steam off a little. Today was one of those days, where all the angry people seemed to be on my list. But hey, one day out of nine isn't too shabby right?
2 comments:
i did the census last time it came around (10 years ago i guess!) and it was...interesting. like you said, most of the people are nice but some are just plain mean! i even got the cops called on me once because i was wandering a neighborhood too long i guess!
Hehehe, oh yeah, the cops have already talked to me once, but they were very nice about it, and they just wanted to make sure I was the only census worker in the area since there were two other people actually soliciting who weren't supposed to be.
Then today I had a cop that kept driving up and down the road I was on. Kinda freaky, but I guess he felt I was legit because he didn't stop and talk to me or anything.
Post a Comment