So, I have noticed something...the more busy we are, the more productive and less wasteful of time we are.
Shane and I are not the best yard workers on the planet. I don't know if this just stems from lack of interest, sick of doing it, better things to do, or what, but it is usually lacking. We try...just not as hard as we should.
So, normally by this time of the year, our house becomes "Little House in the City" because the grass is long, the weeds tall, you get the idea.
Well, lately, with the census and all, we have been super busy. Every useful moment of time is taken up. Never a dull moment. So, yesterday, after walking for 6 and a half hours, I came home, Shane mowed the lawn (with one arm!), and we filled our garbage can with dead leaves and other yard debris. I even weeded my flower bed. Yay me!
Then, I went inside, Shane taught Harrison school while I cleaned out the fridge, made dinner, loaded the dishwasher, washed pots and pans, washed off the counter tops and stove, and swept the floor.
Why does it take total craziness to motivate me to do more? Hmm... Maybe I'll ponder that more when the census work is done and I have time to really think about things. :)
1 comment:
I hate hate hate hate yard work. Thankfully Mike mows the lawn every week and it looks decent outside... the flowers we have are tulips and they come back every year. We have rosebushes that do their own thing... and I never have to handle any of it. YAY!
Post a Comment