Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Kids are funny...

So, Sunday was the typical Sunday for us. You know, wake up, try to do churchy sabbath type things, go to church, etc...

And, it was like many other Sundays. Our kids are old enough that they usually don't make any noise, it's more silent, and you can combat it with "mean eyes" or snapping fingers. (This usually happens when Hazel decides that the pews are meant to be rolled under, or Harrison decides that he needs to lie down on the pew like a bed...)

Well, this past Sunday, Hazel was drawing on the program with Shane's pen, and being really good...and Harrison was being really good. Then I looked over at Hazel and noticed that she not only had been drawing on her paper, she decided that her hands needed to be drawn on as well. (I was just grateful she hadn't decided to decorate the wall or the pew.)

I motioned her to come to me, and very quietly told her that we do NOT draw on our hands, because that's what GOOD mom's do, right?

Then when I looked more closely, I saw that she had drawn a smiley face on one hand, and a frowny face on her other hand, and she informed me...

"This hand is me (smiley face) and this hand is Harrison!(frowny face)." And yeah, I had to stifle a laugh.

3 comments:

Patty B. said...

That's cute! We've had that happen to us, too, except it's from teenagers....that's not so funny!

Unknown said...

That is cute. Leave it to kids to put a smile on our faces.

Emmy said...

Kids are great! I wish my kids were at the stage where I could just snap and they would be good in sacrament meeting.

Cute blog.