Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Not so much.

So, this month has been interesting. I've been on both sides of the spectrum, and hopefully will remember the things that I've learned, especially when I'm having a rough day.

Here is what I have learned.

Even though my intentions are pure, I am still desperately needed at home. Yes the family "survives," but just barely, and I can tell by my kids new change in behaviors. So, I am not so sad that my census work is supposedly ending this week.

Heavenly Father knows everything. I already knew this, but it seems like I need to relearn it a lot. It has been kind of interesting to watch things play out, and feel like there has been some divine intervention involved.

For some reason I am still needed in Young Women. That's fine. I like teaching lessons to teenagers. Really. I do. I'm not being sarcastic. We even got a new YW President last Sunday, and I specifically talked to her about whether or not I would be released anytime soon when she called me on the phone. So, apparently there is someone who needs me. :)

One of these days I will really and truly not get my hopes up when my cycle ends up being a few weeks late.

3 comments:

darcymae said...

holy cow! i am with you on the cycle! we want a baby so bad and when it is late i cant help but be excited...even though i know that probably isnt the reason.

Unknown said...

sorry about the getting you hope up. that is hard to take. who is the new young women's president?

Melissa said...

Patti! She's excited/overwhelmed. I think she is still officially the camp director too...at least for this year's camp.