So, in considering the blessings in my life, a big huge gigantic one would be my husband. I always feel kind of bad for the women I am around when they talk about their husbands and how they wish they would react differently, wish they would care more, wish they would show them that they loved them. I have to sit there and restrain myself from saying, "Well, sorry, I can't relate." See, I have learned something from having secondary infertility! :)
Their concerns are legitimate. They're not complaining really, or degrading their husbands, they are venting a frustration, that in it's way could be just as heart rendering as longing for a child. At least, that's how I see it.
So, instead, all I can say is, "Yes, that would be VERY hard. That would be so frustrating." Then I think about Shane and am so grateful and glad that he is the wonderful man that he is. Take yesterday for example. I have been dealing with this stupid sore back (definitely makes me appreciate a not sore back!) so even when I am home, I can't really do much other then put the kids to bed at night. Anyway, yesterday, I came home from a church meeting, and the dishes were done, the table/counter cleared off, the hallway cleared, the BATHROOM was clean/er. ;) I was so impressed and just wow, I felt loved.
Just one of many things that he does each day to show me that he loves me, respects me, and cares about me.
What a wonderful man.
1 comment:
you are a lucky one. :-) Good picking on your part. :-)
Post a Comment