Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Super fun....

Today has just been a crazy day! Yesterday wasn't so crazy as it was just a bit on the weird side.

When I was training for the census last week they told us that we shouldn't go out in the rain to do the job. The main reason for this is that we are using hand held computers, and water and HHC's don't get along very well. So, I am sure that most people I trained with are more than a little peeved that they can't be out working this week, since Monday was the only non-rainy day, and since then, it's been rain, rain, SNOW, rain, and tomorrow looks like more rain.

Normally I would be a little peeved too, but yesterday I was EXHAUSTED. I slept a normal night amount of time, and then slept even more that day. I just felt tired.

So, now we are to today. I was asleep, acknowledging that it was raining...again, and all of a sudden I hear a "tunk, tunk tunk..." dripping water outside my window. What could be making that noise? So, after trying to unsuccessfully ignore it for 20 minutes, I put on my rain slicker and shoes and trudged outside.

There, beneath the rain spout was an empty squashed milk jug. How did it even get there? No idea. So, I bend over...no twisting, just a simple bend mind you, and as I did, it felt like all the muscles in my lower back turned solid. So, now I have a lovely bit of back pain to go along with my sunburned arms. Although, the sunburn is starting to finally feel a bit better.

Can't say that I was horribly sad that it was raining today either. I can hardly walk! So, I have been heating/icing the muscles, and doing some stretches in hopes that I won't have to make an appointment with the chiropractor tomorrow.

The fun just never ends!

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Ouch! Hope you feel better soon.