So, I have a confession to make. I did the silliest thing today...scratch that, a STUPID THING. I didn't put on sunscreen when I went out working today. So, me, with super fair skin, plus lots of sun, and no sunscreen, equals a super lovely sunburn all over my arms. After aloe vera gel and smearing cornstarch paste mixed with baking soda all over my arms, they are hurting much less.
Still...if you know me I am kinda anal when it comes to sunscreen. Partly because of the whole skin cancer factor, but also because, I mean, who wants a sunburn? I never saw the point in tanning, and always kind of shook my head when I saw people using SPF FIVE sunscreen and who would then wonder why they got burned after six hours directly in the sun, and then complain about the pain.
I always would chide my hubby after he would come back from a father/son outing and he and Harrison would invariably be BADLY sunburned, because "they forgot" to put sunscreen on.
Well, it has come full circle now. Now I'm the one who can look chagrined and say "I forgot..." Boy I feel sheepish. I've learned my lesson though, and believe me, there will be sunscreen usage tomorrow!
No comments:
Post a Comment