Sunday, April 12, 2009

So That's Why...

Well, I guess a few people know that things at my house have been crazier than normal this past week, but I never really said why.

I decided that it would be okay to get a temp job working for the Census. Yah, that thing that happens every 10 years. Well, here was my job interview...take a test. If you pass the test (the higher your score, the better) then you get hired. Sounds easy right? HAH!

I mean, I did pass the test, obviously, or I wouldn't have crazy life going on right now. Still, while it wasn't a super difficult test, it wasn't super easy either. Once I started training I realized why. We got three manuals, all of which were textbook size, and we went through all the information in three days...well, four if you count the "orientation" day.

So, I haven't had a whole lot of time to really do anything. I can't complain though, I mean, I chose it, and now I am going to do it. At least for a few months, which will really help out and hopefully get us to pay off some things. That would be nice!

My blog may suffer in the next few months, but no worries! I'm sure it will be back to normal around July!

2 comments:

Cynthia said...

That's a great idea but it will be hard. You can do it though. I ought to look into that too. I usually do another kind of side work for extra $$$ but the economy has kind of killed it off for now.

Good luck to you!

alpinekleins said...

Just wandered on in, making myself at home:) You have a wonderful blog here, came in from "Mormon mom's" and so glad to visit. I love your temple photo with the fog - incredible. And the puzzle post is awesome also.

Until later - back soon!
KristinK