
So, I have come to notice a little trend in my life...it doesn't happen a ton, but it does happen, and I'm actually kind of glad that I noticed...
Whenever I am supposed to go to something, and I REALLY REALLY don't want to go, there is usually a reason I SHOULD go, and most times the Holy Ghost literally yells at me to just go!
Take tonight, for example. There was a meeting scheduled with the Stake Young Women and Young Men leaders and our ward Young Women and Young Men leaders. I REALLY didn't want to go! I had had a super long day, I was tired, physically in pain, and just in no mood to go. Well, I had kind of decided that maybe I wouldn't, but then my stubbornness and sense of responsibility kicked in (which also probably included the Holy Ghost telling me to JUST GO!), and decided that maybe I better go. Then the Young Women president called to make sure that I remembered, so I decided I'd really better go.
I am so GLAD that I went! My heart is full, I was spiritually fed. Concerns and doubts and wonderings that I had been feeling for the past while...I just felt like this meeting/lesson addressed EVERYTHING that I had been feeling stress over with my calling lately. IT WAS AMAZING. I cannot adequately describe or express the peace that I feel in my soul.
Another example that came to mind, almost immediately after I was thinking of how glad I was that I came, was an experience I had in college. A guy that lived in our student ward boundaries was going to be baptized. I was busy, I had a lot of school things to take care of, and had basically planned to not go to the baptism. He had a lot of support, and I didn't really feel the need. Well, my apartment had 6 other girls (7 total) and the first two came down and asked me if I was going to the baptism...no, then the second came down and asked me, then the THIRD, then...the roommate that was ALWAYS late (but very nice) came down and asked me. By that time I realized the Holy Ghost was YELLING at me, JUST GO! So, I ran and got ready and we went. I'm sure it was a great experience for the guy that got baptized, but wow, the feelings I felt...I know it was a moment that I needed to have that I would have missed out on. It strengthened my testimony, and renewed my faith. IT WAS AMAZING.
So, is the lesson learned? I sure hope so. Hopefully next time the Holy Ghost won't have to yell so loud to get me to go. :)
1 comment:
I saw you you Mormonmommys. I can totally relate! It's usually when I put up the biggest fight to NOT go...and of course I do go out of duty...that I am rewarded the most!
Post a Comment