Saturday, April 4, 2009

Puzzlemania!

So, it took us a while, but I finally came up with the bright idea that Shane could put puzzles together to keep him busy. This happened about maybe three days into Shane's being at home 24/7. We have been collecting puzzles ever since we got married, although, ours tend to be a D I special (the DI is a thrift store). Anyway, I have been quite pleased that out of all the puzzles we have put together, only one of them was missing one piece.

Well, then after we had put together three or four puzzles, I was like, Hey! We should take pictures of all of these! So, lately Shane has been putting a puzzle together about every day.

These are all Charles Wysocki jigsaw puzzles because we think they are fun to put together. We did have one surprise when we opened one box that I had bought from the DI and the puzzle inside was different from the puzzle picture on the box so we had to put it together without a picture to reference. It was great!

That one was this one...notice the difference between the puzzle and the box?












4 comments:

Miss Heather said...

My family is WAY into puzzles too! (You probably knew that!) My mom has a thing for Wysocki puzzles but I don't think we had any idea you could find them at the DI. That's awesome!

Jess'n'John said...

those look like fun puzzles. I've had bad luck with DI puzzles...must be a provo/orem/AF thing or something but there have been more than a few pieces missing...can I really in good conscience donate them back to DI? ;-) My favorites are the Schimmel(sp?) ones.

Salmon Tolman Family said...

Holy Smokes! That's a lot of puzzles! And they're beautiful, too! We used to love to do puzzles before we had kids. What a great idea, Melissa!!!

Patty B. said...

I love puzzles as do my kids. These look great! How fun, and what a challenge for the mind. My favorite are the 300-piece ones. I'm too impatient for the larger ones (or rather the ones with microscopic pieces!).