Thursday, January 15, 2009

Ten things I have learned from 2008

1. We really can live in one place for more than two years...we've almost made it four this time!

2. I'm happier when I don't overthink things and become pessimistic.

3. 9 years of marriage goes by fast when you're married to a great man.

4. There is always a way to take control of your life when you feel like it isn't going that way.

5. Being grateful for everything puts you in a good mood.

6. Teenagers really are fun to teach...for the most part. :)

7. You never know how much you affect someone's day just by smiling and saying "Hi."

8. I can do great things.

9. My kids are amazing. (Even when I think I already know this, they do something that amazes me even more).

10. Trials help you be empathetic and understanding to people going through a similar situation.

1 comment:

Debra said...

Thanks for reminding me that I need to look back and see what I have learned in 2008. I appreciate your optimism!