Friday, January 16, 2009

What a relief...

So, since it has been cold, I'll admit that we have gotten a bit lazy where Sylvie (the sweetest mini schnauzer on the planet) has been concerned. Usually in the morning I take her on a long walk which has two bonuses...first, it gets me out and moving (yay exercise!) and two, she gets to do her business if you know what I mean.

Well, I do not like to walk in the cold. I know that there are people out there who are so diligent that they will walk/run when it is beyond super cold, but I am not one of those people. If it is below 60 I doubt you will see me out walking...ever...unless it's in the parking lot on the way into a store. :)

So, since it is cold, we just let Sylvie go outside, she goes into the backyard, does her business, and comes back in. Well, yesterday, she went outside, and didn't come back. We called and called for her. Shane went and walked around the neighborhood calling for her...no Sylvie. He came back, and we eventually called animal control to make sure that she hadn't been picked up. No dice. So, we did a few things that we needed to do, and I'll admit that I was starting to get worried.

Well, about 1:00 PM a car pulls into our driveway, and who should be in there, but Sylvie. YAY! I was so happy. I cannot begin to express the relief I felt that she was okay. Apparently she followed our next door neighbor's schnauzer into an adjacent backyard, where she started to "play" with that neighbor's schnauzer. Well, since it was cold and they were playing, they let them into the house. Then the mom had to go and do her morning job, and she didn't return Sylvie till that afternoon. She apologized for keeping her so long, but seriously, I was just so glad that Sylvie was okay that I didn't care!

So, all's well that ends I suppose. Sylvie definitely doesn't get to go outside without a leash now though!

No comments: