Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Something in the air...or something...

So, I've decided that there's just something about Tuesday that equals "psycho day" where Harrison is concerned. Is it the air? The fact the sun is shining? Something in the water? I don't know. For some reason, Tuesday has just come to be the Homeschool day from my worst nightmare. Seriously, haven't figured it out. Maybe I'm pushing too hard? The moon is in the wrong place in the sky?

Anyway, I guess we'll see how tomorrow goes. This Tuesday was DEFINITELY better than last Tuesday though. So see, there is a plus side. There is also the fact that even though he kind of had a hard day today, he is still doing so much better than he was in school. I can see how his behavior would be difficult to control in school though. I mean, one on one, versus 21 students in the room. He has been treating Hazel so much better. Now he just teases her like a normal brother (I mean, we have to be realistic here), which is much better than tormenting her and just being plain mean like he was before.

I am excited for the extracurricular activity that we have Harrison enrolled in though. We signed him up for karate last Friday, and he will have his second lesson this Friday. He loves it, and it is so fun to watch him. I think it will definitely be a good thing.

Well, on to tomorrow!

2 comments:

Miss Heather said...

I actually thought about suggesting karate to you for Harrison. I think it's great you enrolled him in that!! AND you're awesome with the homeschooling so just keep your chin up... and keep plugging along...

Melissa said...

You know, it's kind of interesting, is homeschooling is rather invigorating for me. It's like, I have something to do...I HAVE to do it every day, just like a job, and I enjoy it. It's an interesting sort of challenge to try and figure out exactly what Harrison needs to know and learn, and how to keep him happy and motivated.
I feel like I am helping him get over the things he was struggling with, versus watching from the sidelines wringing my hands in agony wishing that I could do something.