So, I don't know if I mentioned that another one of the many reasons why we pulled Harrison from school was because his problems had gotten bad enough that it was recommended that we take him to a counselor(therapist) to help him work through all the issues he has been dealing with.
He went for his first session right before Christmas break. Well, today was his fourth session, and the counselor told Shane that if something came up we were more than welcome to bring him back, but that he really felt like Harrison was doing well enough that he didn't need to come back.
YES!!!!!
He also told Shane that he felt like we made a good choice to homeschool him, because it seems to have helped Harrison so much. When Shane told me that I just wanted to jump up and down. I was so excited I even told my visiting teacher about it.
All I could think was, one month and so many positive changes that I just can't believe how much it has helped!
4 comments:
Good for you! I'll bet it feels great to have such firm validation!
I am so glad that this has helped your son so much! I am a firm believer that everyone learns differently, and I am glad you are finding what is successful for your family. This will impact the rest of his life and it's good to see that you are having success
I'm so glad he's doing well and I completely 100% support you in all you do to help him... therapy, home-schooling, whatever it takes to help him out. :)
I am so glad that things are going well. It is obvious how much you love your children and how much they mean to you.
Post a Comment