Sunday, December 28, 2008

Crazy crazy!

Well, we had a very good week...well, all things considering. We were able to go to my side of the family for a Christmas party, and almost all my family was there. My sister's family didn't make it because the roads were bad. It was fun though, and it was a lot of fun to see my brother who is in the navy and talk with him for a little bit. We don't get to see him very often because his family lives in Hawaii.

Christmas was enjoyable even though I ended up not feeling all that great. Usually we go visit family but there were two things that prevented that this year...first was the snow factor. We got so much snow! The roads still haven't recovered. Can I just say how GLAD I am that we have a four wheel drive vehicle?! The other factor was me not feeling well. I had a reaction to something the night before and had to take Benadryl which makes me feel tired, and groggy. I had to take it again Christmas morning, and basically spent Christmas in bed after watching the kids open their gifts.

Anyway, since Christmas, the snow just keeps coming and coming. We had one sunny day on Thursday, and then, the rest of the time, it seems like it is just snowing. It's all good though. It just reminds me of what the weather was like when I was in elementary school...or even before that.

We have had a lot of fun visiting family though. We got a really fun game from Shane's brother, called "Ticket to ride." It's kind of along the same type of game as Settlers of Catan, or Risk...I guess. I like Settlers of Catan, don't like Risk, and I am undecided on the new game, as of yet. The first time I played it I enjoyed it though. :)

Today was good. We were able to go to church, and the talks given were very good. It has been kind of exciting in Young Women as of late, because...they added something to our Young Women statement. See if you can pick out the difference...(it doesn't count if you are in Young Women and already know ;)

Here's the old version:

We are daughters of our Heavenly Father, who loves us, and we love Him.
We will "stand as witnesses of God at all times, and in all things, and in all places"
as we strive to live the Young Women values, which are:
Faith,
Divine Nature,
Individual Worth,
Knowledge,
Choice and Accountability,
Good Works, and
Integrity
We believe as we come to accept and act upon these values,
we will be prepared to strengthen home and family,
make and keep sacred covenants,
receive the ordinances of the temple,
and enjoy the blessings of exaltation.

Here is the new version:

We are daughters of our Heavenly Father, who loves us, and we love Him.
We will "stand as witnesses of God at all times, and in all things, and in all places"
as we strive to live the Young Women values, which are:
Faith,
Divine Nature,
Individual Worth,
Knowledge,
Choice and Accountability,
Good Works,
Integrity, and
Virtue
We believe as we come to accept and act upon these values,
we will be prepared to strengthen home and family,
make and keep sacred covenants,
receive the ordinances of the temple,
and enjoy the blessings of exaltation.

Yes, that's right! They have added a NEW value...VIRTUE. I think it's neat. So, today the lesson I gave my Beehives was on a conference talk by the General Young Women President, Sister Elaine S. Dalton. It is AMAZING. It is called "A Return to Virtue."
Seriously, if you haven't read it, or heard it, I would strongly encourage you to do so. It really makes you think about things.

No comments: