Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Yummy Yummy Yummy


So, apparently the creative part of my brain that likes to write blog entries is taking a break this week. That being said, this is the first time all week that I've really felt like writing anything at all. SORRY! :)

A few weeks ago we were at the store and I saw new food kits for sale: Macaroni Grill
Creamy Basil Parmesan Chicken and Pasta. If I remember right, it was an "impulse" buy, and the voice of reason (Shane) thought it looked good too, so we decided to get it.

Well, I stuck it in my cupboard and occasionally I would look at it, but most of the time when I saw it, it just didn't sound yummy or appealing. Plus, I kept thinking, "There is NO WAY that my kids will even look at it, let alone dare to put it in their mouth."

So, yesterday, I finally made it. I had to alter the directions a little, because the last bit of milk was gone (which, I didn't know until I looked in the fridge and the box was already open), and I didn't feel like cooking chicken so I used canned chicken.

Just in case you are wondering, water works just as good as milk for this kit! Probably not as rich as it would have been, but it still worked.

Anyway, I was very impressed with this meal in a box! Initially, as I was preparing it, I kept thinking, there is no way this is going to feed my whole family! And I also felt like the box had to be kidding when it stated that it would make 5 one cup servings.

Well, it made plenty! There was even enough left over for Shane to take some to work. Harrison thought it was super yummy and told me what a wonderful cook I am and that I should enter a contest. Hehehehe... Of course, Hazel wouldn't even look at it, but, well, that's just Hazel. She is only four after all. (That doesn't mean that she gets a separate meal, it just means, that she either eats or she doesn't. If she's hungry, she'll eat it.)

So, after my initial reservations, I am glad that we bought it, even if it was an impulse buy. Shane informed this morning, that we could definitely have that for dinner again.

No comments: