So, as I was sitting here, thinking of what to write...I realized, that I mean, some people get very...uh, "emotional" on their blogs, and that's fine, because it's a good way to vent.
Sometimes I wonder if I should just create a blog that I don't tell anyone about so I can vent about things that are really annoying to me and not get a sympathy shower or a pity party, which is nice sometimes, but not all that productive. Also, to avoid unwanted criticism. Whoever coined the term "constructive criticism" was a moron. It DOES NOT exist. Here, let's just tear down all your hopes and desires and call it "okay" because it's "constructive."Anyway, I guess my point is that sometimes I guess I give off the impression that all my life is, is fluff. A perfect, happy, fluffy, marshmallow world.
If that's what you think, well, quite frankly, YOU ARE WRONG. I have difficulties just like anybody else. What I write on here is the Reader's Digest condensed positive version of my life and views.
So, that being said, I was thinking about an experience that I had on Tuesday and it was mostly good. The things that weren't good didn't have anything to do with the actual program, so I won't go there. For mutual we had Young Women in Excellence. This is a annual program that takes place in the Fall toward the end of the year to celebrate all the goals and things that the Young Women have accomplished for the past year, and also to acknowledge the Young Women who received their Young Womanhood award (which is what they receive when they have passed off a series of goals geared towards preparing a young woman for her adult life).
This year, one of the Laurels in our ward, (I guess I'm just going to have to have a few blogs where I explain the whole Young Women program, because a brief statement isn't going to do it, but, a Laurel is one of the youth that are aged 16-17 years old.) So, anyway, one of the Laurels decided to be in charge of the Young Women in Excellence program this year for one of her projects. She did an AMAZING job! I am always impressed. This time, even more so. She picked the theme, she knew what she wanted the decorations to be, she had everything organized, it was great.
Being in the Young Women program a second time around as a leader, has been so wonderful for me. It has really shown me how great the Young Women program is. After I "graduated" from Young Women to Relief Society and they added more goals and projects to the program, I thought that was interesting, but having been a part of the "new" program for two years now, I realize that it was a necessary thing that needed to take place. These Young Women are learning so many things about having stronger testimonies, setting goals, being grounded in their faith in Jesus Christ, and really learning what it means to follow God.
One of the most amazing things for me, has been to watch one of the young women who started in my Beehive (12-13 yr old) class, and now she is almost a Laurel. Seeing the changes that have strengthened her and seeing how her testimony has grown...it's an amazing thing. I now realize why my leaders would always be so emotional, because now I'm one of those "emotional" leaders.
No comments:
Post a Comment