I'm sitting here wondering why I am wide awake, but here I am. :) I actually signed up for Facebook. So, if you want, you can add me as your friend. I don't really get the whole Facebook thing, but it is kind of fun, and I do like it better then a different program that one of my friends invited me to. It annoyed me so bad I deleted my account within 30 minutes. It was STUPID! Facebook is just intriguing.
It just hit me a few weeks ago that Harrison's birthday is coming up in a few weeks. I know, after anticipating this for the entire YEAR you'd think I'd be ready for this, but I'm not. After feeling like I had all the time in the world to get ready for his 8th birthday, suddenly I feel like I don't have anything ready. 8th birthday is pretty special in our house, so we are going to let him have a birthday party (which believe me, is the least of my worries, it's like, #100 on the "worry list"), plus we need to get him his special gifts for this birthday. Which includes a new set of scriptures which are his own, new church clothes, and then a regular birthday gift.
Birthdays at our house are fairly low-key usually. They get a gift, a cake, and a dinner. We sing, they have fun, think it's great, and usually get a one or two more presents from their grandparents. I've never been a huge fan of treating every birthday like an excuse to celebrate Christmas all over again.
Anyway, 8th birthday...wow. I think he is excited to get baptized though. Even that is still up in the air. We will see when the date and time will be. When I know, believe me, I will let you know. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment