Monday, September 29, 2008

Not Just a Song...

So, a few weeks ago we got an Anne Murray CD. I know...definitely old school. The whole reason I got the CD though, was because it had Danny's Song and You Needed Me on it. Danny's Song has some sentimental value because it talks about being pregnant with a son and being poor and in love. That describes Shane and I at the beginning of our marriage to a "T" and every time I hear that song, it reminds me of that time. So, when I played it I would tell Harrison, "This is YOUR song Harrison." Yesterday I played it again, and he just looked at me and went..."But mom, I didn't WRITE it, how can it be MY song?"

Then today, I was looking at my blog, and one of our songs came on. Time in a Bottle. And I was thinking that people probably think that I have all these older songs on my music player because I like Oldies...which would be true, but another reason is because a lot of these songs have memories with them. Some of them remind me of the high school angst and frustration at not going on dates...etc...why would I want to remember that? Mainly because these songs made me happy when I was having rough times. Still, for trivia value, here are the songs on the media player that are our songs that are special to Shane and I.

Time in a Bottle is probably number one, because Shane taught himself how to play it on the guitar before he got married, purely so he could serenade me with it...sweet huh? Yeah, I think so.

I Only Have Eyes For You is probably number two, because it was one of my all time favorite songs, and every time I would hear it I would tell Shane, "This is our song." We have a lot of songs for different times in our life though. This is just one of many.

For All We Know, just makes me think of us, so it is definitely on the list.

Sweet Caroline will be the name of one of our daughters if we ever have another one. So, if I get pregnant, and it's a girl, you already know what her name will be! Caroline. Love that name. So siblings, don't get any ideas or we will just have two Carolines in the fam!

No comments: