
I had the most amazing experience yesterday. Our stake had tickets for the Relief Society meeting, and I was able to get one. I have NEVER been inside the main seating area of the conference center prior to this time. I can't say that I have ever been to a conference meeting ever live, even when it used to be in the tabernacle, so I was really excited.
Our tickets were for seating on the main floor, so that was cool too. I went with a sister from my ward and her mother, grandmother, and sister-in-law. I had a nice time.
Being in the conference center, was, wow. I can't even think of the words to express it. And, to see almost every seat filled except for the ones in the very corners of the very uppermost seats. It was amazing.
The other amazing thing was when we were waiting for it to start, so the noise was just incredible, not really annoying but a very loud BUZZ, and then I looked down to the lower right corner and saw women standing up, and there was President Thomas S Monson walking in, and all of a sudden, a hush fell over the entire room. It was amazing, and the Spirit was so strong. I thought I was going to cry right then.
It didn't take long though. The talks given were so inspiring, and for me, answered a lot of questions that I have had the past couple of months, that had really been plaguing me. It was so wonderful. I felt renewed, almost as if I had gone to the temple. It was just amazing. I am really looking forward to next Saturday and Sunday to listen to the talks that will be given and again be spiritually renewed.
If you were unable to watch the broadcast, or forgot, which unfortunately I have a tendancy to do myself at times, I would strongly encourage you to watch it on the church website at www.lds.org
No comments:
Post a Comment